Streets of Kamurocho is a promotional freeware beat 'em up video game co-developed by Empty Clip Studios and Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio and published by Sega. It is a mashup between Streets of Rage 2 and the Yakuza series, made available in 17 October, 2020 through the Steam store to commemorate Sega's 60 years.
Story[edit | edit source]
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
The game features only a single stage, based on the first level from Streets of Rage 2, with the same enemies but with Yakuza makeovers. Once the level is concluded the game loops at a harder difficulty, with the game ending once the player runs out of lives.
Players can choose between Kazuma Kiryu and Goro Majima initially, with Ichiban Kasuga appearing as an unlockable character. However, all three characters play the same, with their moveset being based on Axel Stone's.
Enemies[edit | edit source]
- Chinese Mafia Lee / Chinese Mafia Chen (Galsia)
- Thug Yamada / Thug Sato (Signal)
- Chinese Mafia Wang / Chinese Mafia Lui (Donovan)
- Yakuza Watanabe / Yakuza Hoshi (Donovan)
- Yakuza Takada / Yakuza Yamamoto (Signal)
- Punk Kinoshita / Punk Kaneko (Galsia)
- Lau Ka Long (Jack)
- Koji Shindo (Electra)
- Akira Nishikiyama (Barbon)